Social Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the “First Class Ticket” Competition (the “Competition”) as advertised on www.holidayswap.com, and Holiday Swap’s Instagram account.
- This Competition is open to all registered and active users of the Holiday Swap App. Users must have an active profile with a full space listing and personal profile. There is no requirement to have completed a “swap” to be eligible to enter this Competition.
- Entrants must live in the European Union (EU) and hold a valid passport from an EU member country. All Entrants will be required to obtain an ESTA Visa for the United States and must ensure they are eligible at the time of Entry.
- All Entrants will be required to fly from an airport in London, England.
- All Competition entrants must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- This Competition is not open to employees, agents or other representatives of Holiday Swapping Limited, or their immediate families.
- Individuals meeting these requirements are hereinafter referred to as the “Entrants”.
Entering the Competition
7. To enter the competition, Entrants must:
- Follow Holiday Swap and James Asquith’s Instagram pages at the time the Competition draw is made;
- Register with Holiday Swap and create a full and active profile; and
- Name a city they would love to visit.
- Entrants may make more than one (1) Entry.
- All Entries must be submitted by no later than 23:59 GMT on December 19, 2019. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
The Giveaway Prize
8. The prize includes one (1) way first class air ticket for one (1) person from London to the a city in the United States. (DATES TO CHOOSE). The Prize can only be taken by the winning Entrant (the “Winner“).
9. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered in any circumstance.
10. The Winner will be chosen randomly by Holiday Swap from all Entries on December 20, 2019 and the Winner will be contacted within twenty four (24) hours by message on social media to the account they entered with, from James Asquith’s or Holiday Swap’s account. The winner must confirm receipt by email within forty-eight (48) hours or they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner will be chosen. The Winners will then liaise with Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith to complete the booking.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include:
- Visas or other arrival taxes and/or fees;
- Accommodation, food or other travel expenses;
- Travel insurance;
- Any other transportation; or
- A return flight.
12. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure:
- That if the destination is the United States, the Entrant must apply for an ESTA Visa immediately. Only Entrants who have a valid ESTA Visa will be permitted. The Company will not cover any visa expenses;
- That the Entrant is eligible to travel to the winning destination and have the valid travel documents (or can receive the appropriate travel documents), visas or any other items required; and
- That they have adequate travel insurance to cover any delays, cancellations, injuries or any other loss howsoever caused. Any delays, cancellations, injuries or any other loss or damages is not the responsibility of any employee, agent, the Company or James Asquith.
13. The Winner may be required by Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith to participate in publicity, including photo, recording, video and/or film session(s). In this regard the Entrant agrees that Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith sees fit. The Winner grants Holiday Swap and James Asquith an irrevocable license to all intellectual property related to this Prize, including all photographs, videos, and related social media posts.
14. Entrants agree that Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith have the right to publish and communicate any photographs or videos in relation to the Competition in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of this specific Competition. Entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photograph.
Exclusion of Liability
15. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
16. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith excludes and shall not have any liability to any Entrant in connection with or arising out of any Competition or Prize howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
17. Events may occur which render the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith and accordingly Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion without liability.
18. By entering the Competition, the Entrant indemnifies Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by us in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein. It will be requirement of winning any prize that the Travel Companion provides an equivalent indemnity.
19. Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith will not be held liable for any technical fault in the submission of entries.
20. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the Entrant or Winner. Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith reserves the right to disqualify any Entry at their absolute discretion.
21. In the event that any provision of these Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
22. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.