Social Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the ‘First Class Ticket” Competition (the “Competition”) as advertised on www.holidayswap.com, and Holiday Swap’s Instagram account.
- This Competition is open to all European nationals (the person must hold a valid passport from a member of the European Union). Additionally, this Competition is only available to those who can obtain a Visa for the United States of America (i.e. ESTA Visa).
- All Competition entrants must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- This Competition is not open to employees, agents or other representatives of Holiday Swapping Limited or their immediate families.
- Individuals meeting these requirements are hereinafter referred to as the “Entrants”.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the competition, entrants must:
- Follow Holiday Swap and James Asquith’s Instagram pages at the time the Competition draw is made;
- Tag the name of a friend, partner, or family member (the “Travel Companion“) they wish to take with them along in the comments section on the sponsored competition post on Instagram (hereinafter, the “Entry” or “Entries”);
- The Travel Companion must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry. One entry per each comment;
- Entrants may make more than one (1) Entry.
- All Entries must be submitted by no later than 23:59 GMT on April 30, 2019. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- The prize is includes one (1) way first class air tickets for two (2) from London, England to a city in America (to be determined by Holiday Swap at the end of the competition dependent on availability). The prize will occur on a specified date in-between June to October 2019 (exact dates to be determined by Holiday Swap at the close of the competition dependent on availability) and they can only be taken by the winning Entrant and the Travel Companion named in the winning post (together, the “Winners“).
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered in any circumstance.
- The Winners will be chosen randomly by Holiday Swap from all Entries on May 2, 2019 and the Winners will be contacted within twenty four (24) hours by message on social media to their account they entered with, from James Asquith’s account. The winner must confirm receipt by email within forty-eight (48) hours or they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner will be chosen. The Winners will then liaise with Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith to complete the booking.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include:
- Visas, visa costs or other arrival taxes and/or fees;
- Travel insurance;
- Travel expenses;
- Costs for taxis, public transportation;
- Costs for a return flight;
- Hotel or food expenses; or
- Any other expenses incurred at any time by the Winner before, during and after the competition.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure:
- That they, and their nominated Travel Companion, are eligible to travel to the winning destination and have the valid travel documents (or can receive the appropriate travel documents), visas or any other items required; and
- That they have adequate travel insurance to cover any delays, cancellations, injuries or any other loss howsoever caused. Any delays, cancellations, injuries or any other loss or damages is not the responsible of any employee, agent, or the company itself for Holiday Swap or James Asquith.
- The Winners may be required by Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith to participate in publicity, including photo, recording, video and/or film session(s). In this regard the Entrant agrees that (and will procure agreement from their Travel Companion that) Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith sees fit.
- Entrants agree that Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith have the right to publish and communicate any photographs or videos in relation to the Competition in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of this specific Competition. Entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photograph.
Exclusion Of Liability
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith excludes and shall not have any liability to any Entrant or Travel Companion in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- Events may occur which render the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith and accordingly Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion or prize without liability.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant indemnifies Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by us in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein. It will be requirement of winning any prize that the Travel Companion provides an equivalent indemnity.
- Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith will not be held liable for any technical fault in the submission of entries.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. Holiday Swap and/or James Asquith reserves the right to disqualify any Entry at their absolute discretion.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.