Holiday Swap was created to help eliminate barriers to travel. Our app provides users with the opportunity to swap or be a guest at someone’s home for just $1 per night. This way travelers can spend the money they have worked hard for on something they love, whether that is from skydiving to going to the best restaurant in your dream destination.
The average cost of holiday accommodation is over $100 per night. Even home sharing platforms like Airbnb have become costly and financially burdensome. Instead of spending over 33% (or more) of your travel budget on accommodation, use Holiday Swap to travel and stay in 185 countries for just $1 per night. In London specifically, decent hotel costs between $300 to $1,000 and the average cost of a place on Airbnb and other platforms is still around $100 per night. So what can you do with the money you save by using Holiday Swap in London? You will have the opportunity to not only experience English culture but also take part in some incredible experiences and activities.
Here are six things to do on your next trip to London that are equivalent to the cost of a three night’s stay at $100 per night.
- Swingers. Go play mini golf (aka crazy golf) at Swingers and grab some delicious cocktails and dinner. It’s a fun atmosphere and they have various locations around the city. Cost for entry, 2 cocktails and dinner: around $55.
- Paddle boarding in Regent’s Park. 2 hour paddle board tour in Regent’s Park. Cost: $60. You can even opt for their yoga class on a paddle board for $20 more!
- Brunch in Balham. Head to the Brooklyn of London for brunch vibes on a weekend at Milk or Megan’s on the Hill. Cost: $30 (including taking the tube there).
- Drinks at Pergola on the Roof Paddington. Get beautiful views of the city, average priced drinks and various excellent food options. Cost for 2 cocktails and food: $40.
- Tate Museum. View some of the best modern and contemporary art in London at the Tate. Currently there is a great Keith Haring exhibit. Cost: $20.
- Day trip to Brighton Beach. From London Victoria you can take a direct train to Brighton in an hour. Cost for an open return from London is around $39 last minute. Walk around the iconic sea-side lanes, do some shopping and grab some lunch, drinks or ice cream. Total cost: $80 – $100.
Total Cost: $325 (including yoga paddle boarding!)
Total Gain: Experiencing six new things in London without going over your travel budget!
Find a place to swap or be a guest in London with Holiday Swap and use your accommodation budget to experience fun activities, great food and drinks instead!